I recently stumbled upon Bronnie Ware's The Top 5 Regrets of Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing.
After spending years caring for seriously ill patients, Bronnie was able to identify the 5 main regrets of the dying:
(1) “I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.”
(2) “I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.”
(3) “I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.”
(4) “I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.”
(5) “I wish that I had let myself be happier.”
The reflections from those at the end of the life can help inform us on how to best live the days, weeks, years we have left. What an important perspective! Keep up the great work, Bronnie!